Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Block Four - Pinwheels

Oh half square triangles, we really want to get along but it's just not working out between us! This block was rough...time consuming more than anything. I started it Friday morning and didn't finish it until early Friday afternoon. I used chain piecing (feeding piece after piece through the sewing machine without cutting the thread each time) which helped, especially considering there are 40 HST's in this one 12 inch block. I really like how this one looks. Even though it took a long time, I think I'll use this again. I had a tricky time getting each pinwheel pattern laid out correctly, but they sewed together quickly once I was set up properly. I need a board that I can lay out my pieces on that's kind of sticky and will hold them in place. A must have for my sewing/craft room...one day!

Picture: pinwheels block.

2 comments:

  1. Get some flannel in a light color and put it up on your wall. It works great for laying out blocks. You can actually get it with a 2" grid pattern on it.

    And if you need some quilts to practice quilting I have many, many tops that need quiliting!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are terrific and I am so proud of you for challenging all your talents!

    ReplyDelete