Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Block Two - Nine Patch

Sorry it's been a few days since I last posted. We've had a busy weekend and start of the week. I completed the second and third blocks on Thursday (the 20th). The nine patch block was fun! It really taught me the the importance of pressing. If I pressed (ironed) my fabric precisely to the directions, everything fit together perfectly and was not bulky at all. This block went together really quickly! I like it, but I don't see it being one of my most used patterns...it just doesn't have as much character as some of the other blocks.

As a side note, I got some AMAZING fabric Thursday! I was given four huge boxes of mixed fabric by a really nice lady in Weaverville. It was mostly sample pieces from a fabric store...but they're great because there's so much variety! I want to make her something as a "thank you", but I'm not sure what yet. I also got three yards of beautiful Amy Butler (my favorite designer) fabric from Asheville Cotton Company. I stumbled across it on the clearance table. It was usually $12.99 a yard, but was 70% off! Now I just have to wait for the perfect pattern to use with it.

Pictures: completed nine patch block and Amy Butler fabric.

1 comment:

  1. You should check out Quiltville.com. Bonnie Hunter is the quilter. She is awesome and specializes in strip piecing and using scraps. The quilt I had hanging in my craft room is the Carolina Crossroads pattern of hers. It was a Mystery Quilt back in 2008 and used all strip piecing. Check out her website.

    ReplyDelete