Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Block Three - Churn Dash

I finished the third block Thursday, the 20th. This one was more challenging. We were learning half square triangles (HST's). The blog tutorial I am following turned this week's lesson over to a guest blogger and her instructions weren't nearly as easy to understand. I had to go to my fabric stash for this block because it used some bigger pieces, but I still like the way it turned out. I've seen some great heirloom style quilts that use the churn dash block to make some beautiful patterns. I think I need to practice this one another time or two.

I convinced my hunny to take me to the Folk Art Center on Sunday. They are exhibiting some amazing quilts from the Asheville Quilt Guild. It was certainly inspiring! I met a guild member and talked with her about possibly joining the guild next year. They also have a great resource to guild members: a selection of over 700 instructional books and dvd's housed at the Folk Art Center.

Pictures: churn dash block and growing quilter's tool stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment